AUCD for All 2017 Gala: Celebrating Leadership in Employment
For more than five decades, AUCD’s network of Centers in every state and territory has invested, through research, training, and advocacy, in improving the lives of millions of individuals with disabilities, their families, and communities. The AUCD for All celebration brings together leaders inside and outside our network who develop and sustain inclusive employment opportunities at the community, state and federal levels to foster long-term partnerships and collaborations in support of people disabilities achieving meaningful employment.
The AUCD network has worked with and for people with disabilities and their families to:
- Implement innovative support programs for workers with disabilities;
- Ensure employers know the value, dedication, and productivity of workers with disabilities;
- Link employers with skilled workers with disabilities;
- Create and disseminate assistive technology that will make workplaces more accessible;
- Raise the expectations of society regarding workers with disabilities;
- Inform families about the benefits of work and career for young people with disabilities;
- Shape policies that will support workers with disabilities to be able to stay at work as they age
- Support public policies that provide the home and community-based supportsand services that make it possible for people with long-term complex disabilities to participate fully in the labor force
Thank you for a fantastic evening!
It was wonderful to see so many old friends and new faces at the March 22nd 2017 AUCD for All Gala. Your support and leadership to expand inclusive employment opportunities will go a long way to ensuring change. For more than five decades, AUCD’s network of Centers in every state and territory has invested, through research, training, and advocacy, in improving the lives of millions of individuals with disabilities, their families, and communities. With your support and partnership, we plan to continue for decades more.Dear Friends,
Over 300 partners, friends, supporters, network members, advocates, trainees, and family members filled the Carnegie Library. We listened as Senators Casey and Harkin and National Council on Disability Member Neil Romano spoke about the collective accomplishments towards achieving inclusive employment, and the important work still
to be done. We honored Pennsylvania’s 21andAble, a youth-led initiative that provides young adults with disabilities a roadmap to employment and independent living after high school, and V. R. Ferose, Senior Vice President of Globalization Services at SAP, who founded the company’s global “Autism at Work” initiative after the diagnosis of his son. Both shared personal stories that reminded us of the tremendous impact that inclusive employment can have, for both the person and the employer.
We are deeply appreciative of the support of our sponsors, friends, and colleagues, and hope to see all of you next year as we come back together to celebrate and honor the leaders in the disability community doing important work to build a better future for people with disabilities and their families.
AUCD Thanks our 2017 Gala Sponsors
With warmest regards and gratitude,
AUCD Executive Director